Aden Mullen (1820-1880)
Aden Mullen was the son of Thomas and Rebecca Mullen and was born in 1820. He married Melissa Smothers and lived in Genoa Twp., Delaware County, Ohio. The above picture of his grave is from Red Bank Cemetery in Genoa Twp. The grave of his son Jesse lies beside Aden and Melissa. His parents and his brother Oliver and Aden's son Elijah and his wife also rest in the graveyard.
Aden and Melissa's children included Hiram (b. 1847), Elijah (b. 1845), Priscilla (b. 1849), Jesse C. (b. 1851), Sarah J. (b. 1853), Ferrisha (b. 1854), Mary Anna (b. 1857), Alfred H. (b. 1860).
Aden volunteered with the 32nd regiment of the Ohio Volunteer Infantry during the Civil War. (His brother Ezekiel died in a Union hospital in Virginia in 1862).
An 1866 plat map of Genoa Twp. shows Aden's farm in the southeast part of the township.
To see the 1866 plat map of Genoa Twp., click here Genoa Township 1866
More information on the children:
1. Hiram married Mary Fravel. They had Hiram (1873) and Blanche Olive (1872).
2. Elijah married Millie Ann Honnis and they had Leonard (1869), Lillian (1872) and Cora (1874).
3. Priscilla married Amos McLeod. They had Wayland (b. 1873) and Frank (b. 1877).
4. Jesse died in 1876 and is buried beside his parents.
5. Sarah J. married Dr. Charles Comer and they had Malissa Comer (b.abt 1875), John Comer (b.abt. 1876) and Charles Comer (b. abt. 1879). They moved to Seneca County, Ohio.
7. Mary Anna married Homer H. McLeod. They had Marguerite Mae (1907-1983) who married Carroll Freeman Sr. Yarnell.
8. Alfred (1860-1932) married Ida May Bachelor (1871-1954) and they had Blanche (1891-1911), Linnie (1899-1947) who married Charles Searles, and Earl S. (1906-1965) who married Alice Louise Cordle.
Earl S. Mullen